One of the great benefits of study in Canada for international students is that they can work also during their studies. Generally, foreign students with a study permit can work on-campus and off-campus for up to 20 hours a week, without a separate work permit. However, it’s essential to have a work permit to apply for some certain jobs.

Canadian Professors is a reliable platform where foreign students in Canada can apply for a work permit. We have helped hundreds of students from Mexico, Brazil, Italy, Hong Kong, China, Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and many other countries to get a work permit and make a bright future in Canada.

Compared to other neighboring countries, Canada has made more favorable work permit policies for international students. Through our site, you can also apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) that will remain valid for up to three years. We follow a simple and easy-to-understand process, allowing you to submit all your documents online.



Work Permit Options for Students

If you are studying in an accredited educational institution in Canada with a valid study permit, you have different options for working. Have a look at the work permit options for foreign students in Canada:

  • On-Campus

Most on-campus jobs do not demand a separate work permit from international students. However, there may be some certain jobs that may ask you for a work permit, so you should have it.

  • Off-Campus

In most cases, full-time foreign students in Canada are asked a work permit for off-campus jobs. Students do on-campus and off-campus jobs to meet their study and living expenses.

  • Co-op Programs and Internship

There happen to be many educational programs that require work experience from students. In that case, international students have to apply for a work permit in order to join a co-op or internship program.


Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

If you are an international student in Canada and have completed an academic program of minimum eight months, you can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit that’ll allow you to work in Canada up to three years.

Once you have received a written confirmation regarding the completion of your study program, you will have a maximum 90 days to apply for PGWP. Depending on your case, Canadian Professors will get you the permit in the short time period.

To become eligible for PGWP, you need to maintain full-time status during your studies. You can also apply for a work permit if you have left Canada after your graduation. You can contact us to learn about the procedure to apply for PGWP after leaving the country.

Ready to Apply for a Work Permit in Canada?